Monday, January 25, 2010

Greatest Sinner.

I'm a sinner. I do bad things. I do terrible, terrible things.
I do things so bad that the leaders of this earth will want to hunt me down and kill me before my acts of sins do anymore damage.

YES, I KILL TREES.

My new rim of papers just depleted by half, all from printing out the readings I have to read for my modules. I hate to have to print readings; it's somewhat around hundreds of pieces of papers we're dealing with weekly.
That's some massive amounts of forests!

I used to read the readings off my computer screen previously, but it's doing too much harm to my eyeballs. My eyes become Sahara-dry after being fixed onto the screen or too long.

So, I had to make that cruel decision between health and environment. And of course, being an environmentalist, I opted to save my own eyes.

Sorry, but selfish as it sounds, I had no choice. I have to save my pair of eyes from pre-mature destruction so as to accomplish more in the future, such as planting a tree. Planting trees may seem like little efforts to save this huge dying earth, but it helps, because I’m not only cleaning up the air with the trees through photosynthesis, I’m also repaying my debts to the environment for killing their trees in the first place.
Imagine if I hadn’t opted to save my eyes, I would have to study using Braille! And to complete a normal reading might take me days instead of hours! Not to mention that my fingers may get blisters or even blunt out from sliding on the Braille dots. That’s really one health hazard after another!

Things never get to work out in a win-win situation. Here, it will only be lose-lose.
Because of my decision to sacrifice trees or my eyeballs, I’m also risking the idea of graduating penniless.
Printer ink is so expensive that it should really be found in pawnshops instead.
My wallet is thinning (like the ozone layer) and the hole in my pocket is expanding (like the ozone hole) too. Printing of notes and readings is just a vicious cycle that continues till the day education is deemed unnecessary.

In between now till then, I shall scrimp and save, and pray that my evil acts of ecological destruction will go unnoticed.

No comments: