Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mystery Google

Nothing can be sillier than Mystery Google. Although I've heard about it a couple of weeks ago, I didn't try it out until yesterday when my brother asked me to try googling on it to get 'rubbish results'. And I did!

First, I started with a simple search of my own name, 'Edelyn'; and when I hit the enter key, I was brought to Liverpool's Official Web page. Then, I went back and searched for 'Mythbusters', I got 'Lexus IS on wikipedia' instead. Now, this isn't even Mystery we are talking about here, it's really just random re-links of previously searched urls to the next server, which means that two other dudes who used Google apparently were searching for 'Liverpool' and 'Lexus IS'.

So all in all, Mystery Google is really rubbish and does not ever show you the results you are looking for. Unless so coincidentally someone as random happens to be searching for the same random thing as you are searching for.

And of course, there are loads of bored fellas out there who are playing with mysterygoogle for fun. Like, when I tried to search for 'Singapore', google's page with 'hmdghm' opened. What the heck is 'hmdghm'?!? Some random shiat keyed in that for fun just to play with mysterygoogle and kaypo-ed about what others are searching on Google.

I searched 'Chicken Rice' and got results of 'Eggplant', then when I typed in 'BBQ', they prompted me that my 'search is too short'. I got 'dolphins' when searching for 'yahoo'. It seems that both 'Google Search' and 'I'm feeling lucky' have the same function. So there is really no need for two buttons. Maybe just one 'Screwed Results' button would be more than sufficient?

HAHA

However, it did provide me with some entertainment, until everything gets repetitive and boring after around, er, ten searches.

-----------------edit---------------------

Haha, I felt bored and searched 'Discovery Channel' on mysterygoogle again, and I got results for 'Stop wasting time and do your homework!' on a Google page! Someone actually searched for that! Or maybe it's my Mum who searched for that, as I just told her to play with it. HAHA.

Okay, maybe I should heed that piece of mystery advice and get down to work. Someone's watching! Haha.

No comments: