Thursday, December 18, 2008

I can see Russia from my house~

I was flipping through my sister’s Giant Big of Cool Stuff and something caught my eye. One of the cool facts they had is “At their closest, America and Russia are just 3-4km apart.” What sprang up to my mind immediately is “I can see Russia from my house”, the ROFL-quote that is sure to last on everyone’s mind from the Sarah Palin spoof by Tina Fey. So, if governor Palin was right about seeing Russia from Alaska, which is so very possible, that means we have wronged her about her lack of geographical knowledge.



This then brings me to the next point. Remember Miss Teen USA 2007? Miss South Carolina made to the headlines when her answer for a question sounded terribly retarded.



Her question was: “ Recent polls have shown that a-fifth of Americans can locate the US on a world map, why is this so?” Miss South Carolina’s answer: “I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps, and I believe that our education system like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here, in the US, should help the US, or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future.”
Ahahahahahahaah. OK, whatever she said is indeed crap and plainly nonsense, but she could just be so RIGHT about the fact idea that “some people out there in [their] nation don’t have maps”.
AND,
I also realized that maps are always like this:
This means, USA and Russia are separated FAR apart, each to one corner of the world map. But the Earth is round, and that means that USA and Russia are actually side-by-side.

Hmm. I think that Giant Book Of Cool Stuff is really very cool, maybe I should go dig up more cool stuff from there and expand more knowledge on miscellaneous stuff. Haha.

No comments: