Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shopping!!!

Woa! Out the entire day, shiok ah. Went for buffet lunch at Japanese restaurant Kuishin-bo at Suntec with my aunt and uncle.

The food there's not too bad, apart from the disgusting mini doughnuts that tasted like raw dough made from expired flour with a whiff of cheapo perfume over it.

In short, it was BAD.

Then, my aunt said that she wanted to buy a book to read. When I asked her what book she wanted, she said, "You know the Indian lawyer? Subhas Anandan?". Er, yes I know... I saw him in Kinokuniya last week. And I thought he was a joke. My aunt got so excited after I told her I saw him, she asked if I got his autograph. Like HELLO? maybe only when I reach my forties and have nothing else to do. My uncle was trying to dissuade her from buying that book (it’s called “The Best I Could”, how convincing…), afraid that she might generate evil thoughts and that her nieces and nephews (us) might have skewed minds too. Haha. But nothing is going to deter my aunt's determination in adding that book onto the bookshelf filled with half-read books, we went to Harris and she bought it. -.-''' I was SURPRISED when my dad said I should have gotten this guy's autograph, for what reason I also don't know. My mum insists he looks like 张菲. Haha. Indian菲哥...

Then we continued shopping!

Anyway, around 3 years ago, during this December period, I was at some particular point along Orchard Road with my friend Alicia, with red aprons over our blue convent uniforms and a bell in hand. Yes, The Salvation Army Ring the Kettle Bell.
I did it for CIP then, and of course for the needy. Since then, never was it obligatory for me to throw some coins into the metal kettle, but I will never fail to do so whenever I see one. It just brings back memories. Today, at Raffles City, at a spot so familiar (I once stood there straight for 8 hours), I saw this guy ringing the bell. Whatever this guy is dressed as, he is so COOL. Look at the small little red bell in his hand, muah haha.

OK, I'm tired. Go sleep now. Goodnight:)

No comments: