Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Singapore Botanic Gardens

Sunday 7/12/2008
We went to Botanic Gardens to watch my bro’s school military band’s performance. My dad had to WORK on Sunday, so we took a bus down to Napier Road, insanely inconvenient.
And gosh, I have to say that I am so foreign to our Botanic Gardens. I saw things that I never knew the Gardens had.


Printscreened this from the video I took of his band's performance.
After the performance, we roamed around the Gardens.
And we saw some funny things.
...
What the heck? Did some cat-5 hurricane hit Singapore?
The bench flew so far away from its original spot!
-.-'''
I never knew the Botanic Gardens had these sculptures.
Look at that lady, she's on a hammock...
...suspended in mid-air.
Another sculpture.
An even weirder one
Now this girl swings in mid-air.
Then, this other girl, supposedly the previous girl's friend, goes for a ride on her bicycle.
Wee~~
This thing shouldn't be on the bench, it spoils everything.
Have I seen the GEM? So wierd la.
Chopin came to play...
So did my sis.
But, the plants there are nice too...

...apart from a few weird-looking ones...

This had got to be the fuzziest tree I've seen.
Stairs that lead to nowhere.
A highly distorted-looking tree.
Then, we proceeded to the Swan Lake.
There were only 2 swans in the entire lake.
At first, they were really far away.
Then, my sis and I started whistling, hoping that these birds would come to us.
Haha, they indeed started waddling towards us.
They came so near.
So very near.
But I can't help but say... The iron casting of the swans looks extremely scary.
Near the lake, we saw another sculpture...
It's called 'Swing Me Mama'
The sky looked bad and sad, so we left soon after.
Only to realise that my brother hasn't finished his performance.

It's not our fault ok? He didn't tell us that his band would be performing another piece after SAS's band what...

No comments: