Saturday, December 20, 2008

Twilight

Couldn’t have been happier. Went out and met Tricia, then we went for a movie, then dinner, then concert. It was bloody hell tiring, and that poor girl still has to work today. Haha.

We watched Twilight. A global phenomenon that I had almost zero knowledge about, besides May occasionally telling me how handsome the name ‘Edward’ is, and that vampires are so very cool.
The movie is, surprisingly, watch-able, captivating and left me wanting for more. Perhaps it’s the storyline, cos’ I know I’m not attracted by Edward Cullen who has a weird skin tone, weird lips and weird nose bridge.
The movie is about this girl named Isabella (Bella) who left Arizona and went to Forks to live with her father after her mother chose to ‘go on the road’ with her stepdad. Ok, just like any typical story, she enters a new environment, meets new people, and encounters new stuff. Here, she coincidently meets a vampire.
Vampire Edward is weird. He lusts for Bella’s blood, yet falls in love with her. Erm, he’s a veggie too; his entire family is, oo and they are not related. Did I mention his vampire daddy is a doctor? And his daddy was the one who turned him into a vampire… Maybe I should go read the book; I’m getting myself confused with the plot.
I personally love the scene where the Cullen family travels into the woods and have a baseball game just before a thunderstorm. They made baseball seem so fun!Although I think my $8.50 was spent well, I think more could be offered to the audience. I was actually looking forward to a fighting scene or two, preferably with lots of bloodshed, but there was only one less-than-convincing fighting scene. The baddy-vampire getting killed by getting his neck twisted was seriously an anti-climax too. I was then left hanging after the movie ended abruptly. I want MORE. New Moon, I am waiting for you~

No comments: