Monday, November 24, 2008

High School Musical 3: Senior Year


High School Musical 3: Senior Year ☆☆☆

Okay, I went to watch this movie with my sister today. Seriously speaking, this final sequel is kind of disappointing. I could have spent that 112 minutes of my life doing something more meaningful, such as taking a stroll downstairs my house. Thank you very much, but no more High School Musicals for me. I do not understand why the kids in the movie are fussing so much over college life and where to go whatsoever. Sequence of events was so messed up and everything was rushed. Choreography of dances was not as interesting and explosive as the previous two, and the story line lacks. Probably everyone was just trying to end this fast, or perhaps the leads Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens just wanna put time away for themselves. Whatever it is, this movie is a little too bland for cinema standard. The only parts worth my watch were the parts of the theatrical performance and when Lucas Grabeel looked hot (but he looked very gay for most of the movie). As compared to HSM 1 and 2, HSM3 lacked the vibe, energy, hip, originality, elegance, warmth and connectivity. Audience were perhaps the last people on earth to feel the intensity of events in the movie, such as getting into a favoured college, parting with high school friends and hating that bitch who betrayed you. Oh, did I mention the obscurity of the plot? Why was there this extra female with that British accent in the movie?!? Her role was so unnecessary. Sharpay’s character as the villain is enough; we do not need two irritating blonds in a movie, especially when the impact is so little. I think the most memorable scenes of the show have got to be:
1. When Troy and Gabriella danced waltz in the rain. Everyone was just trying to see if her dress would fly high enough to expose her undies every time she twirled.
2. When Troy’s rusty pick-up truck coughs and smokes up. I swear that old pick-up has more screen time than many other actors in the show.
3. When Sharpay and that British girl danced and vied for the single spotlight. It was just so silly; I can’t help but remember it.

Oh, thank god these kids have graduated! No more wild cats, no more HSM!

Did I mention? I actually enjoyed watching HSM 1 and 2 on Disney channel years ago. Maybe I was still young then, yup, that's the reason.

No comments: