Monday, August 31, 2009

That funny kid down the street.

Sometimes, I wonder is it Me who is too mature or that my Mum is very kiddy. She's like a 15 year old trapped in her body, always saying lame stuff and telling lame jokes. Haha, but she's like the coolest Mum ever.

Her sms to me just now:



Surprise! Dad n i are at cathay to watch District 9. Just to use the free ticket. Ken and Liz will ve mac for dinner.


!!!
She used 'Surprise!' to start her message, how cool is that?
Which mother in her sane mind will use 'Surprise!' to start a message for her daughter in this way? (Note the exclamation mark too)
Normal mums will use the 5 Ws 1 H, such as


  • 'Where are you now?',

  • 'What are you doing?',

  • 'Why are you not home yet?',

  • 'Who are you with?',

  • 'How are you settling your dinner?' etc.
Right? Those are the typical mums you can find everywhere, anywhere.

Notice my mum's use of short forms too, 'n' and 've'. Damn cool. My mum uses sms lingo!!! OMG, how cool can she be?

Of course, I can't let her win me, so I replied :


Surprise! I know that already. Cos' I'm msning with Liz.


My parents are just too cool to be true; going on a rendezvous and letting my siblings have junk food as dinner. How awesome.

No comments: